In the meantime, Herbie is a joy. He sleeps pretty well a lot of the time. A couple of nights ago he only woke up once, and before that he slept for eight hours straight. Fantastic. His favourite pastimes seem to be sleeping and eating, with a little bit of smiling and cooing in between. If I wasn't trying to unpack the whole time, I'd even say he was an easy baby, but actually, any baby is a challenge at the moment and Herbie does his fair share of crying while he's being ignored, which is fair enough.
He's just started to enjoy splashing around in a couple of inches of water in the bath, and he also seems very happy kicking on a blanket on the riverbank while the girls and I dip in the Thames - something we have taken to since we got here.
The fancy buggy which I bought in anticipation of lots of walking to Stella and Affy's new school and around the beautiful parks of Oxford has been broken for over a month, which is very frustrating. But of course, like his sisters, Herbie loves to be in the sling. It's just that he's such a big heavy boy, I'm not sure how long I can continue for! I am counting the weeks until he's strong enough to go on my back.
Tomorrow, I'm going to try and get to the Health Visitors so that I can find out how much he weighs as he seems like a very big boy to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment