Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Three weeks old



Gosh, having a third child at the beginning of the school holidays is probably not the best of planning. It has been wonderful having the girls around, ready and willing to fetch and carry, but also to poke and tickle, at all times. But it is quite exhausting!! Thankfully, I have had lots and lots of help. The girls have had lots of sleep overs with friends and recently I went for five days with them to the Lake District, which was very restful indeed. They are currently at my sisters house for four nights so that Tim and I can organise our move next week. Another slightly dubious bit of planning but there you go....

Herbie is lovely, if somewhat of a cryer! He's started smiling, especially when people say that he is cute. He's pretty good at night time, which is a relief, and I don't feel that much more tired that I did while pregnant. The only problem is when my thoughts keep me awake between feeds, but hopefully that won't be too often...

He weighed in at a whopping 12 lbs yesterday, at 3 weeks and 3 days and I can already fit in my jeans again. I think these two facts may well be related! As for taking photographs, it has been nearly impossible. When he's awake he's often crying and when he's asleep, he's strapped to me in the sling. Doesn't leave many options. Hopefully things will improve on that front!

And now for a more honest photo....



No comments:

Post a Comment