Monday, 1 August 2011

Herbie's first two days

So, it turns out, that big, 9.5lb boys just like to eat ALL the time. Or perhaps it's just that after five years I had completely forgotten that having a new born baby means breastfeeding all the time, day and night! At least that's what it feels like at the moment. So, these photos are deceptive, but the only time I get to pick up my camera is the rare and very short time when he's asleep and I'm not. Nevertheless, we are all delighted, especially the girls who are constantly wanting to hold and kiss their baby brother. I will manage to get a picture of this at some stage I'm sure.

Another thing I had forgotten was that childbirth is pretty intense, but I'm feeling good and remarkably, still in one piece! Although he was 15 days late, everything went to plan, the pool was full when it needed to be (thank you Tim!) and the midwives made it in time, even though Elke had left only an hour and a half earlier telling me that it wasn't going to happen that day, no matter how hard I willed it too! Her brilliant advice to have a big glass of wine (I downed a very quick glass and a half of prosecco) and to try and sleep did the trick faster than she expected. I was so relieved as I felt like I'd been in labour for about two weeks with constant practise runs.

More soon, when I've had a bit more sleep hopefully...





1 comment: